Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Quirky Experiment: True Beauty Shop 1

Welcome to the Quirky Experiment 1

I thought it would be great to experiment on a social issue. My thesis is that there is people are suffering from their-own-beauty amnesia.


It's kinda sad, because its a loosing battle set up in our own heads.

There is a serious beauty epidemic thingie going on.

I call my research subjects the Toad Bunnies.

They turned into a toad by their own thinking, they suffer from bunny mutation because they are always pressed for time.


The symptoms that I have spotted are:
1. There is a sudden in flux of Toad Bunnies trying to burn a whale away from their flubber reserves
2. Toad bunnies are terrified of looking mediocre.
3. Toad bunnies overcompensate by overdieting, shop-ka-pow-wow.
4. Toad bunnies undercompensate by devaluing, paralysing, giving up on themselves.

Toad bunnies do not realize they have forgotten their own beauty.

I suspect however if they kiss themselves, they might rediscover their own in born royalty.

Don't believe me?

Let's try this experiment.

Just for today use Notice.Notice. Notice. on yourself just to catch how many times you feel less then someone else.

Write down the moment. Write down the comparison. Write down the ick.

If you feel down by the experiment, read this.

"You know, when you look in the mirror and think, ‘Ugh, I'm so ugly, I'm so fat, I'm so old.’ Don't you know that's not your authentic self?

But that is billions upon billions of dollars of advertising. Magazines, movies, billboards, all geared to make you feel shitty about yourself, so that you will take your hard earned money and spend it at the mall on some turn-around crème that doesn't turn around shit.

If you don't have self-esteem, you will hesitate before you do anything in your life. You will hesitate to go for the job you want to go for.

You will hesitate to ask for a raise. You will hesitate to call yourself an American. You will hesitate to report a rape.

You will hesitate to defend yourself when you are discriminated against because of your race, your sexuality, your size, your gender.

You will hesitate to vote; you will hesitate to dream. For us to have self-esteem is truly an act of revolution, and our revolution is long overdue. "

                                                                                       -Margaret Cho, in Revolution-


I am not American.

I am human.

Lady has a point.

Time for a revolution wherever you are from and whoever you are.

I love Margaret Cho. She is beautiful.






No comments:

Post a Comment